Glad to return to my house after nearly a month. I had commissioned repair works that included the following for the last four weeks:
- Water tank repairs (water-proofing),
- Replace the distribution water pipes and install a new pressure pump,
- Remodelling my work desk from L shape to straight, changed the direction to have natural light to fall on my face, installed two new tube lights above my monitor and on the sides for even light on my face and chin,
- Installation of wooden panel on the wall for my stamp collections display,
- New CAT-6 data cabling and CAT-5 voice cabling throughout the house for Gigabit wired ethernet and Patch Panels,
- Regular carpentry, plumbing and electrical repairs,
- Exterior wall painting,
- Cleaning of sofas, chairs, curtains, and so on.
As usual with any repairs/remodelling, the actual expenses were more than double the estimate. I am blaming myself for spending this much.
Individual houses are a pain to maintain & repair. Makes me envious of people who live in apartments! What’s been your experience, share in the comments below.
Related posts that explain in detail products you have seen in the pictures above: