What’s a Podcast? A podcast is an episodic series of audio or video files which a user can download in order to listen.
Next, to messaging & listening to music, I use my Smartphone for listening to Podcasts. For nearly a decade now, they are my companion during my evening walks and commute – helping me to relax, learn and catch up on the happenings effortlessly.
Earlier I have written about the podcast episodes I have listened to:
- Listening to the (late) Sci-Fi author Jerry Pournelle, and reading his classic “The Mote in God’s Eye“
- Listening to Rob Reid and then reading his Sci-Fi comedy book “Year Zero” which was about aliens being addicted to worldly music
- Hearing the father of Visual Basic, a programming language that had a huge influence on me, Mr Alan Cooper speak on his experiences
- Tim Ferriss sitdown with Joe Gebbia, the Co-Founder of Airbnb – what a show it was – entertaining, insightful and informative. Find out what “Some will love it, Some won’t + Who Care = Move On, Keep Keep Going till you find who love your idea” means, by listening to or watching this episode
- Seeing the film “Sorry to Bother You” after hearing it in TwiT Podcast
- Listening to the guru of managing Software Projects – I.M.Wright
- Lastly, in 2016 I got to watch live, an episode of my favourite Windows Weekly show.
My current podcast subscriptions:
Shown above is the list of podcasts that I have subscribed to. Those marked with a ‘red’ tick are the ones that I am (currently) listening to every week. You can see and subscribe to them easily from this public list I have posted (or) download the OPML text file.
Pocket Casts – the best app for podcasts is now free!
For the last few years, the app that helps me to manage the Podcast subscriptions is a super useful app called Pocket Casts. I love the syncing between devices and the web player. For example, if you start listening to a Podcast on your iPad, you can continue it on your commute on your Android Phone, then stay tuned on your Windows PC and also on your MacBook. I have been a paid user of this app for years.