In the past, I have written here about the various (some healthy and a few not so) breakfast options I have tried:
- Broccoli Sauce Penne Pasta;
- Home-cooked vermicelli with cauliflower, beetroot and peas;
- Indori Poha;
- California’s Corner Bakery Cafe Oatmeal;
- Kolkata’s Phulko Luchi with Daal and Mishti Doi;
- America’s iHop Strawberry Banana Pancake;
- Singapore’s Mee Goreng;
Being a Tamilian, none of them, come close to being the perfect breakfast for me. That crown belongs only to the Idly (இட்லி). Every other day, my morning breakfast is Idly (or its cousin, Dosa, but that’s for a different post). The side-dish for idly will be one of the many varieties of chutney (or) Idly chilli powder (இட்லி மிளகாய் பொடி) mixed with gingelly oil (நல்லெண்ணெய்), the best combination.
According to Wikipedia, Idli or idly is a rice cake, originating from the Indian subcontinent, made by steaming a batter consisting of fermented black lentils and rice.
#breakfast #foodsofindia #healthyfood