The last programme of TiECon yesterday was Pitch to VCs, several budding entrepreneurs presented their case for seed capital. I was surprised when I was invited next on stage to present on Vishwak’s story (my good friend and our GM – Manigandan Gopalakrishnan had listed my name without my consent :-)).
Doing an elevator pitch in 5 minutes for Vishwak which has 10 years of experience and achievements is difficult. Hence I decided to be precise, to the point and highlighted them in 6 buckets (headings).
- About Vishwak: When was it founded, what we do, number of people and locations
- Solutions: That we offer and the need they fulfil in the market
- Current Customers
- Current Structure and ownership
- Future plans for expansion
- Why are we bound to succeed?
I was happy with the way I pitched and the fact my message was received well by the audience. Of course, it will be foolhardy to expect a deal from any investor with just a 5-minute pitch :-)