After weeks of suffering with Benq P50 and several hours of deliberations over the phone models – I have finally bought my new phone. It is “Nokia 9300i” at Rs.28,000/- with a standard Nokia India Warranty. This phone though a little heavy compared to normal Nokia Phones has got a perfect form factor. This is the first phone where I could do with ease a meaningful SMS or a full email.
The phone has everything you wish for:
- Qwerty keyboard inside and outside a regular Nokia Mobile Numerical keypad – best of both worlds
- Excellent full-colour interface
- Connectivity – GPRS, Edge, Wi-Fi
- Great battery live even while using Edge browsing (or) Wi-Fi
- POP3/SMTP/IMAP4 Email Support
- MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint compatible Applications / Adobe Acrobat Reader
- This is also the only Nokia phone for me that got recognized at first instance (just after the installation of the CD and connecting the USB cable) and the built-in software synchronized all emails/contacts/tasks/notes from Outlook with ease.
There are only two things I miss in this phone – One it doesn’t run Windows Mobile OS and two is a Camera. I guess I can live without both b’cos I am getting everything else!
I am also happy to be buying a Nokia phone last week, as it coincided with Nokia opening its first factory in India in Sriperumbudur (which is where I studied for my graduate degree at SVCE ) near Chennai.