I was looking for long on how to enable Hibernation option in Vista, as the sleep doesn’t work in my laptop all the time. After spending lot of time in navigating through the confusing menus of Vista and Windows Help, I turned to Google, got the answer in the second search link.
Here it is:
- Click Start, All Programs, and then right click on “Command Prompt”.
- From the context menu click on “Run as administrator”.
- If User Account Control prompts you to allow the action, click on Continue.
- In the command prompt window, type “powercfg –h on” (without the quotes).
- Close the Command Prompt window.