As many of you noticed I am using the .NET dasblog engine for blogging. Though the official page for dasblog is still dasBlog.NET, they seem to have moved home to Gotdotnet. Anyways, thanks to Rockford Lhotka, I got the new version of DasBlog today.
How to upgrade from older versions of dasBlog?.
Though I don’t know the official upgrade steps, since dasBlog is an ASP.NET application, I tried the following XCOPY method and it worked. I ensured that I don’t overwrite the data folders that dasBlog uses (content, logs and SiteConfig).
- Backup your entire web folder (say blogfolder1) where you have your current blog running
- Extract the zip file and install the new version into a new web share (say blogfolder2).
- Delete all folders except Content, Logs, SiteConfig in the current web folder (blogfolder1)
- Copy all folders except Content, Logs, SiteConfig from
the new web share (blogfolder2) to the current blog folder
- Test your blog
- Delete blogfolder2 and remove the webshare