IIT Madras Incubation Cell along with TiE Chennai had organised a one-day exhibition today – Chennai Demo Day, a marketplace for businesses. The venue was the spacious IIT Madras Research Park, Taramani.
For the last few years, IIT Madras has been successfully incubating startups in the areas of rural, social and technology. Today, the public and investor community got a chance to see many of these companies with their solutions for clean energy, healthcare, education, mobility and others. I enjoyed attending the pitch sessions and the exhibition – a good initiative that will be of immense benefit to the founders.
I have listed below a few of the startup pitches that I listened – managed to write down only a line on each of them and the list is not comprehensive:
- Waste Management for Smart cities – AirBin
- Gamified Video courses for learning – GuVi
- Advanced Pipeline Inspection – Solinas
- Detection of Lifestyle and workplace diseases – Streben
- Lithium battery technology provider – GrinnTech
- Gas Turbine (Flexible) Generators for multi-fuel operations – aerostrovilos
- Drones for industrial applications – ePlane Company
- Self-Balancing, Covered, Electric Two Wheelers – Sina Mobility
- Diabetic Care management app for Doctors – urSugar
- Integrated hardware and software for Hospital ICUs – ZMed Tech
Electric vehicles that standout