In connection with IndiMix ’06 Microsoft India announced a contest to select Top Bloggers from Indian Subcontinent who will get special prizes. Microsoft nominated me as one of the Judges along with two of my good RD friends – Praveen Srivatsa and Sanjay Shetty. Going through hundred of blogs and select a few is a tough job and we thoroughly enjoyed it. My wishes to all the winners – in few of their blog sites I manage to write the wish in their comments. Good Luck!
One suggestion to all the Indian bloggers
- Post more Original Content – it has to be your own experiences, rather than just collection of Hyperlinks in your posts
- Keep your Writing Style & UI simple and clean – especially avoid Google Ads clutter and fancy graphics
- Post often – which helps your writing and also builds readerships
- Make few posts in your mother tongue – Spice your blog with few posts on Indian Language as well
Being an award from Microsoft I was hoping to find blogs with deep technical content, code/samples and architecture. I would have also loved to see blogs on Vista, Office 2007, Atlas/Web 2.0 & .NET 3.0 but personally, I was a little disappointed not to find anyone blog worth mentioning on these topics.
For the record, the parameters in the Judging Panel we worked on were:
- Frequency of updates – 20 %
- Originality – 40 %
- Writing Style and User Experience – 20%
- Content and Technical Relevance – 20%
Winners list is available here in PDF format (Source: Microsoft.com)