You, the frequent reader of this blog would have guessed that my knowledge of cooking is limited to select items of survival rather than gastronomic treats. The items that I can claim to make (watch my words, not cook) are Steamed Rice, Rasam, Filter Coffee, Fresh Masala Tea, Making Dosa in the pan (no idea on how to make the batter) & Sweet Pan.
Yesterday being Sunday I had nothing much to do other than eating and sleep. After one of the naps & eating binges, I felt a craving for a cold tasty Lassi (Salted).
Not daring to ask the wife for it, I ventured into the kitchen going beyond the familiar dining table area.
I looked around for known ingredients that I can manage, and, following is the recipe that came out of it.
- 250 ML of Hatsun classic curd
- Half a cup of drinking water (most of cooking sites online have these adjectives to everyday items to make it sound technical, so I am calling water as drinking water)
- Two teaspoons of Amul salted Butter spread (no butter around, so this was a substitute)
- One teaspoon of iodised salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of chat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon of Mukhwas for flavour (couldn’t find individually Fennel or Sesame seeds or Coriander)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
Blended all of the above in Mixer for few minutes. Served it cold to the wife for a positive feedback, then I enjoyed one cup myself.