In the last two to three quarters we are seeing a huge surge in SharePoint projects and as a result the demand of SharePoint developers is sky rocketing. Initially we were thinking this to be a local (India) phenomena but when I talk to many of my contacts in the industry worldwide and check out articles in the Internet, it turns out to be a worldwide phenomena.
Below are some random resources on SharePoint that might be useful for developers:
- A site from Microsoft with lots of material for .NET Developers looking at Sharepoint – MS SharePoint Developer
- New release of a Visual Studio 2008 extensions for SharePoint
- Best practices on SharePoint workflow applications
- Best practices on SharePoint memory management
- SharePoint developer forum in MSDN